DCRM(S) general comment on revision process

Deborah J. Leslie DJLeslie at folger.edu
Wed Jan 24 08:45:04 MST 2001

Jane & Juliet,

I have been working my way through the rules, writing down comments, but
waiting to compile & send them until I get all the way through. So although
I am glad to see you are responsive to Bob's comments, I find that making
your document a moving target makes my task significantly more complicated.
If it is feasible, I wonder if instead of just changing the text, you could
mark the changes, perhaps by striking through the deleted text and putting
added text in a different color, much the way the word processing programs
"track" changes.

Else, perhaps you could just hold off on making any changes to the posted
version of the text for now, giving those of us who are inspired and
motivated by the conference to turn our attention to DCRM(S).

When we were looking at AMREMM, Gregory responded to comments on the list,
either agreeing or disagreeing, and thus continuing to engage us all in the
revision process. Maybe Gregory can comment on how it was from his end, but
I liked that approach, and believe I would like to see something like it for
the DCRM(S) revision.

Cheers, and it was great seeing everyone in Washington.
Deborah J. Leslie
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.