[DCRB-L] FW: Consistency TF: Area 2 analysis -- 2nd draft

Fri Nov 15 15:43:05 MST 2002

Yes, we had talked about that, but let's not forget that as much as we
would like DCRM to be embraced by the whole English-speaking world, our
authority at this point still emanates from ALA. It would be
presumptuous to delete the end of AACR2 chapter 2 and thereby force all
the non-American libraries to use DCRM(B) for their rare books. --DJL

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Gillis [mailto:jane.gillis at yale.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 2:43 PM
To: dcrb-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: Re: [DCRB-L] FW: Consistency TF: Area 2 analysis -- 2nd draft

I thought I had seen a comment on the list that, perhaps,  the rules for

Early Printed Monographs (2.12-1.18) should be deleted from AACR2 and
that,
instead, there should be a guide to DCRM(B).  At this point I can't find
it.

Would it be easier in the long run to delete the rules for Early Printed

Monographs and instead in the various formats, give directions to the
specific DCRM rules?

Jane