[DCRB-L] WG5 summary of decisions

Stephen R. Young stephen.young at yale.edu
Mon Apr 28 13:24:57 MDT 2003

At 02:19 PM 4/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>5B9. Do not treat any illustrated title page (including an engraved title
>page) as a plate (cf. 5C1). ). [Review discussions of BDRB revision. Joe
>remembers a very convoluted process and decision.] Larry suggests that we
>try to recover earlier discussions. DJL will write and post a recommendation.

I remember years ago when using DCRB asking Ben Tucker for guidance on this
problem. He said that at LC they noted an engraved t.p. not included in a
gathering in the signature statement:

Signatures: engraved t.p. A-D[superscript 4].

Stephen R. Young
Rare Book Team Leader
Catalog Dept., Sterling Memorial Library
Box 208240
New Haven, CT 06520-8240

Tel.: 203-432-8385
Fax: 203-432-7231