[DCRM-L] Reconsidering digraphs (fwd)

Jain Fletcher jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 22 09:52:00 MST 2005

Hello,
   I do hope that some of the members of the long-ago DCRB revision team
will be speaking up about this, but Bob's well-stated and logical response
here is exactly what I remember Suzy Taraba and Steve Young explaining to
us in the RB Cat'g class at Rare Book School back in the early 90s.  I had
the great good fortune of taking that class immediately after DCRB had been
published.  Suzy and Steve were fresh out of the revision experience and
gave us many insights into the thinking behind many of the changes.  I have
always been extremely grateful for that timing, because it has helped me
understand the new rules so much better.  I agree with this point, BTW,
that in these cases, the letters are just ligatures used by printers for
the same reasons as "st", "ct", etc.    <---- "pun" optional with this last
one.
								--Jain