[DCRM-L] Relator terms

nschneider at nypl.org nschneider at nypl.org
Wed Dec 6 14:33:00 MST 2006

Kate:

That said, do you have filing problems with that policy?

Maybe we could open this up to one of the MARC for SC discussion topics?

Nina

+------------------
Nina Schneider
Librarian
Berg Collection of English & American Literature, Room 320
The New York Public Library
Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street
New York, NY  10018-2788

Tel.: (212) 642-0111
Fax.: (212) 930-0079
nschneider at nypl.org

             Kate Moriarty
             <moriarks at slu.edu
             Sent by:                  DCRM Revision Group List
             dcrm-l-bounces at li         <dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu>
             b.byu.edu                                                  cc
                                       ejh at grolierclub.org
                                                                   Subject
             12/06/2006 02:16          Re: [DCRM-L] Relator terms
             PM

             Please respond to
               DCRM Revision
                Group List
             <dcrm-l at lib.byu.e
                    du>

This thread has pointed out a discrepancy in Saint Louis University's
cataloging of its rare and circulating materials. For circulating
materials, we've been using relator *codes* but only in our local
system. For our rare materials we use relator *terms* in OCLC master
records. In both cases we apply relators to name and corporate entries.
Discussion here at SLU continues...

-Kate

Randal Brandt wrote:

> And for UC Berkeley as well, although we use relator codes not relator
> terms.
>
> Randy
>

> At 11:18 AM 12/5/2006, Ryan Hildebrand wrote:
>
>> This is also true for UC Irvine.
>>
>> -Ryan
>>
>>Ryan Hildebrand, Special
>>Collections and Archives Cataloger
>>UCI Libraries, P.O. Box 19557, University of California, Irvine, CA
>>92623-9557
>>Telephone: (949) 824-2263 | Fax: (949)
>>824-2472
>>

>> On 12/5/2006 10:20 AM, R. Arvid Nelsen wrote:
>>
>>> UCSD uses relator terms extensively for both personal names and
>>> corporate bodies and these are input into the master records at OCLC.
>>>
>>> ~Arvid Nelsen
>>>
>>> R. Arvid Nelsen
>>> Coord. of Technical Services/Original Cataloger/Classical Studies

--
Kate S. Moriarty
Rare Book Catalog Librarian
moriarks at slu.edu