[DCRM-L] 7. Note Area

Sun Oct 8 16:10:04 MDT 2006

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
http://www.folger.edu/bsc/index.html
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu || 202.675-0369 || http://www.folger.edu

	-----Original Message-----
	From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu
[mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Johnson, Elizabeth L.
	Sent: 22 September 2006 10:56
	To: DCRM Revision Group List
	Subject: [DCRM-L] 7. Note Area

	In re-reading the messages I don't think these were mentioned:

	7A3. Sources of information and 7A4. Form of notes should be
bold.[DJL]  Fixed.

	7B19.3.6.  The note given as an example has gold-tooled and
-stamped.
	I am not sure what "-stamped" means.  Should it be
"blind-stamped?"[DJL]  Gold-stamped. But omission of the first part of a
compound word appears not to be permitted per Chicago 7.89. Why don't I
just make it easy by changing it to "British Library copy: late
17th-century binding in red goatskin, gold-tooled.  and -stamped

	Elizabeth Johnson