[DCRM-L] Citing the new ESTC

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Mon Oct 16 17:39:54 MDT 2006

That's actually my point--I don't really think a lot of useful
information is conveyed to the user when we tell them we're citing ESTC
from RLIN vs ESTC from BL. Particularly when our catalog will now be
full of references to a non-existent database, ESTC (RLIN) as soon as it
goes away so users won't be able to go there anyway. Theoretically it's
the same bibliography. I like Brian's suggestion that we just use ESTC
and let that be that.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602