[DCRM-L] Area 2 comments

Wed Sep 20 09:08:47 MDT 2006

It seems to me that the deciding factor should not be the meaning of the note, but the punctuation of the note. After quotation marks, can we say (or imply via examples) that a dash rather than a colon is appropriate?

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu>   |  202.675-0369  |  http://www.folger.edu <http://www.folger.edu>

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Manon Theroux
Sent: Wednesday, 20 September, 2006 11:01
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: RE: [DCRM-L] Area 2 comments

I think it is correct as it stands. It is an informal contents note, not a quotation note. It is saying that on pages 5-7 you will find the text called "Preface to the first edition." If it were a quotation, it would give only a single page number and the punctuation would be as Alex suggests.

-Manon