[DCRM-L] Introduction comments

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at yale.edu
Thu Sep 21 15:29:52 MDT 2006

It's true that core started out as a PCC endeavor, unlike full, but
since the current reality is that any library can create a core-level
record, just as any library can create a full-level record, I think
it makes sense to account for all 4 variations of these two levels in
some way (full, core, PCC full, PCC core). Especially if it might
help to eliminate confusion about options! If we wanted to downplay
the BIBCO aspect in the Intro sections on core and full, we could put
the sentence(s) about the BIBCO authority record requirements in
footnotes. I think Joe was arguing along these lines at one point, wasn't he?

-Manon