[DCRM-L] 752 indexing

Auyong, Dorothy dauyong at huntington.org
Fri Aug 3 12:09:38 MDT 2007

Ryan,

The Huntington is an Innovative library as well and we have the 752
separately indexed (field tag "v").  It displays and is searchable as
"Place of Publication" in our Webpac.

You can check it out if you'd like to see what it looks like to search
(caveat, we're changing IP providers late this afternoon and access
might be restricted or denied for about 24 hours).

This was an original index we set up with Innovative so I can't tell you
what the costs or set-up of a new index might be like.  I gather that if
you want authority control for the index, you will need two: one for the
bibliographic and one for the corresponding authority.

We're hoping to break out our form/genre terms from the subject index
one of these days.  It displays with a separate tag, but is indexed with
subjects and we find that very problematic.

Dorothy Auyong
Principal Rare Book Cataloger
Henry E. Huntington Library
1151 Oxford Road