[DCRM-L] Cataloging unpublished facsimiles

Mon Oct 1 14:13:24 MDT 2007

Thanks, Jain. This is really helpful.

__________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
202.675-0369
djleslie at folger.edu | http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Fletcher, Jain
Sent: Monday, 01 October, 2007 15:50
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Cataloging unpublished facsimiles

I haven't really been able to pay close attention to this string, but
though I would add that OCLC has tried to "make sense" of the
reproductions issue and "help matters" in the preliminaries to BF&S
(3.2), as well as within the appropriate MARC fields.  Here is a link to
the preliminaries, which has links elsewhere:
http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/specialcataloging/default.shtm.

--Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Technical Services Division
Department of Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575

v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e:  <mailto:jfletchr at library.ucla.edu> jfletchr at library.ucla.edu