[DCRM-L] Creating New records?

Wed Oct 17 14:17:36 MDT 2007

For special collections we would definitely make a new record. We would
consider that the difference in binding constitutes a new "issue."

_____________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Head of Cataloging
Folger Shakespeare Library
djleslie at folger.edu
http://www.folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Laurence Creider
Sent: Wednesday, 17 October, 2007 15:56
To: DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: [DCRM-L] Creating New records?

Folks,

I must be having a senior moment, but I would like some advice on a
problem you have all encountered many times.  We have a paperback copy
of
a book by a New Mexico author in Special Collections.  We were given a
copy of the hardback version (same date, 1 less page) with dj and signed

by the author.  I know better than to create a new OCLC record, but what

do folks do in their local systems?  Do you make copy-specific notes or
do
you make a second record on your local system for the variant?  Thanks.

Feeling rusty,
Larry

Laurence S. Creider
Head, General Cataloging Unit &