[DCRM-L] Language qualifier for translations into the modern form of a language

Auyong, Dorothy dauyong at huntington.org
Thu Oct 25 17:21:41 MDT 2007

I hope the collective wisdom of the list can help me out here.  I
searched AACR2, the LCRIs and Cataloger's desktop, but couldn't find an
answer.

I have an edition of Piers Plowman translated into modern English.

Do I code the

240 10 Piers Plowman. |l English  (?)  (and 041  _1  |a eng |h enm ?)

My instinct says "yes" and I dimly remember a section in either AACR2 or
the LCRIs that stated this implicitly, but I can't find it now.

Dorothy Auyong

Principal Rare Book Cataloger

Huntington Library

dauyong at huntington.org