[DCRM-L] 796s in OCLC

Elizabeth Lilker elizabeth.lilker at nyu.edu
Wed Sep 12 14:14:59 MDT 2007

While we're on the subject of cataloging in OCLC, I'd like to ask a question.

I've been entering 796s for related names, with the appropriate subfields "e" and "5" Two of my recent records appeared in OCLC with changes. One stripped the 796 completely, another changed the 796 to a 700, kept the subfield e but not the 5.

Since NYU has not yet finished the reclamation project for our records from RLIN to OCLC, I'm not sure if this is a temporary glitch.

Has anyone noticed a similar problem?

Elizabeth Lilker
Cataloger
New York University Libraries