[DCRM-L] Possibe 1816 ed. of Amelia Simmons?

Jane Stemp Wickenden jane.wickenden at zen.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 16:42:25 MDT 2009

Hi Linda

My take on this would be to create two records, one for the 1812 ed. as you
have cited it, and another with date [1816] giving the place and publisher
from the added title page.

Then I would include a note or notes to this effect: Reissue of the 1812
edition with new added title page. - Imprint from added title page; date
from booksellers' advertisement at end.

If the books were from the 20th century onward I *might* treat them as two
copies of the same item (depending on their importance/rarity) in the
interests of speed; but at those early dates it seems more important to me
to differentiate the two, especially as they appear separately in your
reference source.

Sounds interesting though - I love old cookery books. Any good recipes to
share?

Best wishes,

Jane

Jane Wickenden