[DCRM-L] Eliminating an RDA option in DCRM(G) draft: want to allow "i.e." and "[sic]"

Allison Rich allison_rich at brown.edu
Thu Aug 4 06:47:34 MDT 2011

Dear Erin:

I heartily approve of these exceptions to the rule but I would like an
exception with the pagination statements too.
I would like to retain the convention of bracketed paging to reflect
unnumbered pages.

[sic] and i.e. are vital for my cataloguing work here at the John Carter
Brown Library.
And I would hate to not be able to use them.

Will there be a forum to weigh on such matters as the implementation of
RDA gets closer?
Because we would also like to take part in this.

~Allison

--

"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend,

Allison Rich
Catalogue Librarian
John Carter Brown Library
Providence, Rhode Island