[DCRM-L] Cancellantia

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Tue Mar 8 09:41:03 MST 2011

This is almost certainly not copy specific, though it's perfectly possible
that only some copies have the cancels, so it could well be a 500 note.
Anyway, something like "The 3 leaves containing p. <x>-<x+5>  are cancels".
I like the term "cancellantia", but it would need to be explained, as "are
cancellantia (substitute leaves)".

What's the book?

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU