[DCRM-L] DPC: changing "relator terms" to "relationship designators"

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Aug 2 18:14:46 MDT 2012

The use of codes v. terms wold always be inconsistent, so this may not
matter--but the best thing about codes is that they are not words. At one
point, working with a front end that indexed the codes as keywords along
with everything else, they were very useful as limiting terms, specific to
the concept, unlike the terms, which are often common words useless for
searching.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU