[DCRM-L] books with gatherings in different formats

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Feb 2 10:04:46 MST 2012

In a larger book, with only a few gatherings in a different format from the
rest, I'd advise you to state the predominant format only and, obviously,
note the irregularity. In this case, however, "12mo and 8vo" seems just
right.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU