[DCRM-L] FW: Combined BSR and P-N E-Resource Guidelines now available!

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Fri Nov 9 17:22:11 MST 2012

For your information the combined RDA Bibco Standard Record (BSR) has now been approved by the PCC Policy Committee and can be used, including the rare provisions as approved by the Bibliographic Standards Committee about a month ago (see the link below). As a reminder, when following the rare provisions you may code PCC records both for DCRM(B) and RDA:
Ldr/18: i
040 ... $b eng $e dcrmb $e rda ...
Note that the BSR covers all formats, with rare materials provisions throughout, and is arranged by RDA guideline. Please also note that there is a section at the end (p. 33-34) giving fixed field and non-RDA provisions for rare materials.
Please try the BSR out. As Philip Schreur notes below, the PCC would like input throughout November as you apply the standard. Please feel free to use the surveymonkey link for comments to the PCC. As always, we can also discuss rare cataloging issues of any kind on the DCRM-L list as well.
Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602