[DCRM-L] DPC on manufacture elements - final(?) rule edits, with commentary

Fletcher, Jain jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Sun Sep 23 20:28:24 MDT 2012

Hello, everyone,

   I am attaching a final version of the publisher/manufacturer rule changes, based on the commentary I received. Again, the reason I am sending an attachment is because it is the only way I can be sure that people will see the formatting and the red font I've used to show new text.

   The DPC protocols ask that the original then the proposed text be included. In this case, the proposed is completely new text where none existed before, which is why I have used the red font, to set off the new text.

   I encourage people to let me know if they are strongly opposed to any of the edits in this draft rule and let me know how it might still be improved. I would like to put this out to vote by at least the middle of the week (9/24-28), especially if there is general agreement. Of course, it might be a bit later depending on the comments. So, let me end here by also letting you know how grateful I have been for your attention to this matter.                                           --Jain

Jain Fletcher
Principal Cataloger & Head, Cataloging Section
Collection Management Division
Library Special Collections
Young Research Library - UCLA Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
v: (310) 794-4096
f: (310) 206-1864
e: jfletchr at library.ucla.edu<mailto:jfletchr at library.ucla.edu>