[DCRM-L] Symbol used in preliminary signatures

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:19:05 MDT 2014

If P8 can't be identified with a blank leaf (there seem to have been blanks
at the end of the copy reproduced in the online pdf), the better notation
when dealing with a single copy is "P^8(P8 missing, blank?)"--a little
tactic that Bowers suggests, out of the proper place for such a suggestion,
on p. 118 of *Principles*. Is there any chance that it's the leaf on which
the portrait was printed?

Richard

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>