[DCRM-L] Abbreviation/contraction question: S:ae R:ae M:tis

LeMay, Jason T. jason.lemay at emory.edu
Tue Aug 12 04:08:04 MDT 2014

Kathie, after looking through a sampling of the dissertations I’m working with, I think “sacrae” probably is the correct (full) term. I’m seeing additional examples with “Sac. Reg. M:tis,” “Sac. Reg. Maj:tis,” and even “Sac. Reg. Maj.” on various title pages.  Since the pages are not using marks of contraction that are unreproducible, I’ll use the abbreviated forms with the period at the end of each abbreviation as you and Deborah have recommended.

Thank you, everyone, for your help with this.

Jason