[DCRM-L] Recording collection information for individual books

Sotelo, Aislinn asotelo at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 17 18:29:22 MST 2014

At UC San Diego, almost all of our Special Collections & Archives catalog records are part of a larger subject collection that we create a hook for by using a 793 added title entry. We have a select list of these 793s and we use a macro to insert them in our records to prevent typos.

Here's an example http://roger.ucsd.edu/search?/tArchive+for+New+Poetry/tarchive+for+new+poetry/1%2C3%2C29975%2CE/2exact&FF=tarchive+for+new+poetry&1%2C29973%2C

For former owner notes we use a 790 $e former owner.

For relating items removed from an archival collection and cataloged separately back to the collection they came from, we use the same 730 that was used in the collection level record for that archival collection. For example:

730 0  UCSD MSS $n ### $5 Institution code

Hope this helps!
Aislinn

Aislinn Sotelo

Head, Special Collections Technical Services | The Library | UC San Diego | * 858-534-6766 | * asotelo at ucsd.edu<mailto:asotelo at ucsd.edu>