[DCRM-L] FW: DCRM2: transcription of punctuation

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Jan 21 06:43:07 MST 2014

I am passing along a set of responses on this issue from colleagues working in Oxford libraries, where there appears to a be a tradition of invoking the alternative at DCRM(B) 0G3.1 (“Transcribe all punctuation as found in the source of information …”), or something close to it. The responses include arguments for continuing this practice and arguments for adhering closer to RDA principles (option 3 in the original message).

Many thanks to Julie Blyth and Iris O’Brien for compiling and sharing the responses.

Francis