[DCRM-L] Digital bookplates

Amber Billey abilley at uvm.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:32:08 MDT 2014

Hi Randy,

We tested virtual bookplates inspired by the work at University of
Florida that they wrote about it in ACRL News:

http://crln.acrl.org/content/71/8/419.short

It didn't really take off, but I still have the java script if you want
to play around with it. Here you can see a live demo on my test site:

http://amberbilley.info/dev/bookplate/donor.html?donor=Gift%20of%20Deborah%20Leslie

If you change the text after the = in the address bar and reload the
page, it will print whatever text you enter. The idea would be to run a
macro that would pull the donor info from a note into an 856 URL that
would print to the OPAC.

Good luck!

-Amber

Amber Billey