[DCRM-L] 007 field for rare materials

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:33:16 MDT 2014

I was going to make a similar point - "monograph" simply means "A resource
that is complete in one part or intended to be completed within a finite
number of parts." We do want to require an 007 for *some* rare monographs.
But I agree that for rare *textual* monographs an 007 is not needed. When
we spell out which types of rare materials require an 007, we should
remember microforms and digital reproductions (which can get the dcrm
coding).

The BSR doesn't cover serials; those are in the CSR.

Manon

--

Manon Théroux

Head of Technical Services