[DCRM-L] Review of RDA Revision Proposals: Week 1

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 7 17:01:23 MDT 2015

Hello all,

ALA recently sent our RBMS-sponsored proposal on references/citations, now
known as 6JSC/ALA/45, along with 8 other proposals and one discussion paper
to the JSC, so thank you for your input!

Over the next few weeks, CC:DA will be evaluating and approving responses
to nearly 30 additional proposals and papers submitted to the JSC by other
constituencies. At first glance, a few of the proposals being reviewed by
CC:DA this week have potentially substantial implications for rare
materials, *so your feedback is especially valuable on these two proposals
by* *THURSDAY, AUGUST 13:*

*6JSC/CCC/16: Transcription of punctuation and symbols (1.7.3, 1.7.5) *
http://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=2257

*6JSC/CCC/19: Parallel language elements (1.7.7)*
http://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=2260

*Please share your comments on the DCRM-L list or send them directly to me
at matthew.haugen at columbia.edu <matthew.haugen at columbia.edu>*

As the RBMS liaison to CC:DA I don't vote, but I am expected to comment on
behalf of RBMS. Our collective expertise is valuable in evaluating these
proposals and shaping the ALA response which is based on the comments
posted during the week.

I'll be in touch again next week on the next batch of proposals, but if you
want to look ahead, or to read any of the proposals that don't seem to have
rare-specific implications (comments are welcome on those, too), all of the
current proposals are available on the JSC website here:
http://rda-jsc.org/newjscdocs

I am also attempting to keep a record of the most relevant proposals
and DCRM/RBMS
<http://dcrmrda.pbworks.com/w/page/82990804/CCDA%20and%20JSC%3A%20selected%20working%20docs>
on
the DCRM-RDA wiki but it's not up to date yet.

All of the proposals and constituency responses will be discussed by the
JSC at their annual meeting in Edinburgh, November 2-6, 2015. Approved
revisions are expected to be implemented in the April 2016 toolkit update.

Thanks!

Matt

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger