[DCRM-L] Friday afternoon puzzler ...

Barbara Tysinger btysingr at email.unc.edu
Fri Aug 21 12:41:04 MDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am cataloging a 2nd ed. copy of
     Boyd, William, 1885-1979. A text-book of pathology. Philadelphia :
Lea & Febiger, c1934.

Not all that old, I know, but it is signed by the author, and was given
to our library by Warner Wells
(http://ncpedia.org/biography/wells-warner-lee)

What is puzzling to me is that there is a canceled Canadian 3 cent
postage stamp on the title page next to the author's signature.
Aside from simply making a note of the fact, is there anything
significant about this that I should include?

I have heard of the practice of signing a name on a contract or other
document *over* a postage stamp to somehow prove authenticity, however,
this stamp is near, but completely apart from the signature.

Thank you!

Barbara

...................All opinions are entirely my own....................

Barbara R. Tysinger                                Phone: (919)966-0949
Health Sciences Library                            Fax: (919)966-1388
e-mail: Barbara_Tysinger at unc.edu

.....Connecting People Everywhere With Knowledge to Improve Health.....