[DCRM-L] Deletion of copy-specific fields/data from OCLC master?

Randal S. BRANDT rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 15 14:21:45 MST 2015

I've also gotten bolder with age and now generally delete copy-specific
information from OCLC master records. I do make an exception for $5 DLC,
however. Not yet bold enough to delete Library of Congress information.

We also set up a routine job for our Systems Office to sweep the ILS
periodically looking for instances of $5 that contain non-UC Berkeley
organization codes and remove those fields, whether they be notes or access
points, from our local catalog.

--
Randal S. Brandt
The Bancroft Library | University of California, Berkeley
510.643.2275 | rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu