[DCRM-L] DCRM-L Digest, Vol 108, Issue 22

Dooley,Jackie dooleyj at oclc.org
Fri Feb 27 11:02:54 MST 2015

Yes, it's correct that OCLC doesn't deduplicate dcrm[x] records, nor dcrb, nor bdrb, nor gihc .... Same for pre-1800 imprints. -Jackie

--
Jackie Dooley
Program Officer, OCLC Research

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:15:40 +0000
From: "Schneider, Nina" <nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu<mailto:nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu>>
To: DCRM Users' Group <dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu<mailto:dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu>>
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] DCRM(B) and WorldCat

Others can correct me if I've been working under false pretenses, but I'm under the impression that OCLC won't touch a record if it's coded dcrmX (X being whichever module is used: books, serials, graphics) in the 040 $e.

For those working in Connexion, I believe there is a way to search through GLIMIR clusters to see IR's (see Client Help>GLIMIR>What is in the index). As to the possibility of displaying IR's, RBMS would likely have to start a conversation with OCLC. There are likely costs involved.

Nina M. Schneider
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee