[DCRM-L] signature question

silvanan at mptek.net silvanan at mptek.net
Tue Jan 6 15:27:05 MST 2015

Hello all,
I am currently working on the 1671 Elzevir ed. of Polydori Vergilii
Urbinatis De inventoribvs rerum libri VIII et De prodigiis libri III and
I have question regarding the signature statement for it. There are 2
additional leaves that fall outside of the sequence and I'm not sure how
to represent them. The signature statement without them would read:
*¹² **⁸ A-2F¹² 2G⁶.  The first of the 2 additional leaves
(comprising a 4 page preface to De prodigiis) is signed (Y6), second
leaf unsigned, and they were meant to be inserted in the Y gathering
between Y5 (the divisional title) and Y6 (p. 1 of De prodigiis).
However, in my copy, they are bound at the very end of the prelims,
between **8 and A1. So, how do I include them in the statement?

Thanks,
-Silvana