[DCRM-L] Rare book question

Avrom E Shuchatowitz shuchato at yu.edu
Wed Jun 10 08:43:39 MDT 2015

I  work at the library of Yeshiva University in New York.  I am cataloging a rare item which is a compilation of Jewish prayers  in memory of the deceased.
I am not sure whether to call this a manuscript or a regular book.  It is privately compiled and bound.  The first page is a Ladino prayer handwritten in blue ink on lined note paper.  The next sixteen pages are printed Hebrew pages of prayers, extracted from an unidentified published prayer book.  The last three pages are again handwritten on lined note paper. It is a list of names and death dates in Hebrew.  All this is bound together in a piece of leather with a title mounted on a strip of tape on the front of it. This was probably compiled in New York in the 1950's. No name is given of a compiler or organization.  My question , therefore, is what to consider this item as.  In the fixed field, what code do I give it in the "Type" element?

Please advise.

Avrom Shuchatowitz
Yeshiva University Library
New York, NY