[DCRM-L] Academic disputations

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Mon Mar 9 09:28:20 MDT 2015

In this case, I'd guess (not having it before me) that the title is
composed as a single sentence, with cases doled out to create a single
grammatical unit, though it might seem rather paratactic to our barely
inflected ears. I'm all for the most rigorous minimalization of ISBD
punctuation in transcription, so I'd prefer the continuous presentation, in
which even the comma isn't really necessary. But no, the meaning is
ultimately the same.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>