[DCRM-L] Title or edition?

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu May 7 13:11:37 MDT 2015

Doh!

Kate's quite right, I think. I was so focused on the matter of what relates
to the edition that I didn't note the grammatical inseparability of
genitive title/nominative edition. The intervening period is a graphic but
not a grammatical feature, and should have no effect on the perfectly clear
syntax.

Though there's no exactly corresponding example, Kate's transcription is
surely in the spirit of 2B6. Put it into English, in idiomatic order with a
corresponding silly period, and there's no doubt: "The latest edition. Of
Adolphus Brachelius's history of our times ...".

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>