[DCRM-L] Transcription of imprint with publisher and printer

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue May 19 06:57:58 MDT 2015

Richard,

I think you are free to record the most direct possible transcription (i.e. use one 264 instead of two).

Parsing the transcription into component parts does more harm than good, since it hinders representation of the text as it appears. The discussion paper put forward by the British Library rep. to the JSC last year (http://www.rda-jsc.org/working2.html#bl-rep-61) holds promise for a fix. We can expect a follow-up to that discussion paper this summer.

Francis