[DCRM-L] SCF - citing online resources

Will Evans evans at bostonathenaeum.org
Mon Oct 12 14:55:25 MDT 2015

I’ll add my voice to the chorus of dissenters and calls for the removal of
“entry”  from the standard. I admit to never having added it before a
citation number, and I don’t see such instructions in my dog-eared copy SCF
2nd ed. Why the change?

While we are on the subject of enumeration, I wonder if any thought  has
been given to adding to the established citations something analogous to
the 642 field (series numbering example) that is sometimes found in series
authority records. I think this would be helpful in situations where the
preferred form of the numeration does not correspond directly to the
resource. Wing comes to mind.

Another country heard from.

Best,

Will