[DCRM-L] Bound volumes of sheet music, etc.

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:23:46 MDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Cawelti, Andrea <cawelti at fas.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> "Use for separately-produced works bound together for the owner during the
> medieval or early modern period."
> I just don't think of the 19th-20th cens. as the "early modern period."
> Have you been using this term for all bound volumes?
> andrea

​What is the rationale for the chronological limitation​ to a rather
vaguely defined "period"? Is there an equally precise term for ... ummmm
... exactly equivalent bindings up of later date? Seems like saying we have
to call a pre-c18 printed codex a "tome", and anything later a "book".

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>