[DCRM-L] Term for pierced vellum binding?

Ann K.D. Myers akdmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 5 11:55:00 MST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I recently received a reference question from a patron who is interested in seeing "pierced vellum bindings". This is not a term found in our catalog, and a search of OCLC only yielded 2 results. These are examples of the type of binding they are interested in:

http://www.reid-cunningham.com/piercedvellumbin.html

I have been poking around in the RBMS Binding Thesaurus without success, looking for an alternate term to use to describe this style of decoration. Does anyone else have any ideas of how we might track these down?

Thanks,

--Ann

Ann K.D. Myers

Rare Books Cataloger

Stanford University Libraries

Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives

500 Broadway

Redwood City, CA 94063

650-723-0123

akdmyers at stanford.edu