[DCRM-L] Royal coat of arms reference

Kaelin Rasmussen rasmussen at bostonathenaeum.org
Thu Jul 28 07:24:14 MDT 2016

Hello all:

I am cataloging a volume of Massachusetts session laws from 1742 to 1750.
Each law is preceded by a royal coat of arms, and I have sometimes seen
these referenced in OCLC with the brief parenthetical (Reilly xxx) in a
500.  Being new to early Massachusetts imprints, I had some trouble
identifying this as Elizabeth Carroll Reilly's A dictionary of colonial
American printers' ornaments and illustrations (OCLC #1938833).

In keeping with the spirit of expanding references in the Standard Citation
Forms, would it be better to expand the parenthetical to something like:
(Reilly, E.C. A dictionary of colonial American printers' ornaments and
illustrations)? Or would this reference be suited to its own 510?

Thanks,

Kaelin Rasmussen

--
Kaelin Rasmussen