[DCRM-L] What Belongs in a Master Record?

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Oct 27 11:52:02 MDT 2016

It turned out to be a simple error. There are separate work APs for *Sermones
de tempore* and *Sermones de sanctis.* The cataloger used the wrong 240 (it
should be--and will be--for the first work *de tempore*) and of course got
the case wrong (*sanctus* for* sanctis*) in the 700. My own Latinity is a
limping thing (which can make expansions a trial) so I'm inclined to
forgiveness.

I would be reluctant to encourage deletion of all $5 *notes*, if only
because in some cases I have based a note, usually concerning a variant
within the bounds of the manifestation, on my institution's copy. Perhaps I
should just regard these as general notes (as they actually are) and omit
the subfield, as I do when I've had access to digitized copies that
exemplify the variants.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>