[DCRM-L] Question concerning the use of RBMS Binding Terms for artists' bindings

Ryan Hildebrand rhilde at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 28 08:02:44 MDT 2017

Dear Marie-Chantal,

The usage you describe is appropriate. I have not used $3 in such cases, but have instead used MARC 590 to convey, for example: “copy 3 bound by René Kieffer [description of binding].” I would also add an AAP: René Kieffer, $e binder, again relying on the 590 to indicate the copy.

Best,
Ryan

Ryan Hildebrand
Authorities & Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299
(541) 346-1844