[DCRM-L] AMREMM and RDA

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:39:34 MDT 2018

Here is a follow-up question in the meantime; although a record (it seems)
cannot be explicitly dual-coded as 040 $e amremm $e rda, I expect that
access points would generally now be RDA-compliant; are there any arguments
in favor or against allowing other RDA-flavored hybrid practices into $e
amremm records not explicitly accounted for in the AMREMM manual?

For example: using 264_0 instead of 260; adding 33x fields; 563 instead of
500 for Binding descriptions; bracketing supplied data in adjacent
subfields separately rather than inclusively; expanding abbreviations?

Thank you for your input,

Matt

E-mail: matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Phone: 212-851-2451