[DCRM-L] transcribing from Gaelic type

Ffrench, Patricia patricia.ffrench at nuigalway.ie
Fri Oct 26 01:53:43 MDT 2018

Hi Noah,

I would do as you describe adding the 246 field for the modern Irish version.  I would also add a 546 field with:

546  Title-page and text in Irish character.

I have seen a lot of records on OCLC  where the Irish has been modernized and in this case, if you wanted to use these records.  I would add a 500 field stating: Title and description tansliterated from Irish script.

Hope this is helpful,

Best regards and Happy Halloween (Oíche Shamhna shona)

Patricia

Patricia Ffrench

Assistant Librarian (Cataloguer)

Collections Team