[DCRM-L] Collation Question

O'Brien, Iris Iris.O'Brien at bl.uk
Wed Jul 17 02:31:43 MDT 2019

Dear Philippe,

I think you would express this situation like this (based on Gaskell, p. 330); I hope somebody will correct me if this is wrong as I have never come across two gatherings interpolated inside a single gathering before:

2i⁸(2i3 + [dagger]-2[dagger]⁸)

(assuming each gathering has 8 leaves)

I hope the superscripts will display properly, if not, here a snip of the above:

[cid:image002.png at 01D53C82.716BC180]

Kind regards,

Iris

Iris O'Brien
Early Printed Collections Cataloguing and Processing Manager
The British Library
St Pancras
96 Euston Road
London