[DCRM-L] Citation disappearance

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 26 10:17:14 MDT 2019

Happy Friday all,

I am attempting to improve a record in which two copies of the Edmund Spencer's Faerie queen* were conjoined, but further investigation shows that they should have separate records. One copy matches STC 23083.7, but the other seems to match STC 23084. The problem is 23084 currently does not exist in EEBO.

I've been working on decoupling these two books in our catalog for a couple of days (interrupted with meetings), and I can swear on a stack of Bibles that I saw 23084 when I first began this exercise on Tuesday. There are a number of references to 23084 in other catalogs (Folger and Huntington, for example), and in OCLC.

I tried various searching methods, and cannot find 23084.

1. Can someone find it?
2. If no one can find it, does that mean EEBO would have removed it for some reason?
3. I can try to dig up a print copy of STC, but alternative suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Nina

* the first collected edition with the Shepheard's calendar, etc.
Nina M. Schneider
Rare Books Librarian
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, UCLA
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018
(310) 794-5780

nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu