[DCRM-L] Question for Cataloguing Departments

Ann K.D. Myers akdmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 1 11:06:00 MDT 2019

Our department is split across multiple locations, and as a result we are constantly shipping collection materials back and forth. We have been using single use plastics (zip ties) to secure the totes the materials travel in, but are now investigating using a metal cable/padlock system to eliminate the need for zip ties.

Another area I'd like to improve is we seem to print out our catalog records at multiple stages across the acquisition and cataloging workflow, and in some cases I'm not sure why. I recycle and reuse as much of the paper as I can, but it would be nice to eliminate the need for some of the print outs in the first place.

Kudos for brainstorming about this!

--Ann

Ann K.D. Myers

Rare Books Cataloger

Stanford Libraries

Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives

415 Broadway, Floor 1, 8406

Redwood City, CA 94063

650-723-0123

akdmyers at stanford.edu