[DCRM-L] Machine-press special collections

Ann K.D. Myers akdmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:20:08 MDT 2020

Approximately 60% of our cataloging involves post-1830 material including, but not limited to:

  *   Artists' books, with particular focus on artists from California, Mexico, and Cuba
  *   Fine press books
  *   Photography books
  *   British and American novels and poetry (primarily late 19th and early 20th century)
  *   Plays
  *   Comic books
  *   Dime novels
  *   Zines
  *   Newsletters
  *   Printed ephemera documenting United States presence in Pacific islands including the Philippines, Guam, and Samoa
  *   Printed ephemera documenting the Asian immigrant experience in the United States, especially the San Francisco Bay Area
  *   Printed ephemera documenting the Civilian Conservation Corps
  *   Printed ephemera documenting the African American experience
  *   Yearbooks
  *   Games
  *   Cookbooks
  *   Political pamphlets
  *   Travel pamphlets
  *   Religious pamphlets
  *   So many pamphlets

It's so interesting to see how broadly "rare books" are defined across all our institutions!

--Ann

Ann K.D. Myers

Rare Books Cataloger

Stanford Libraries

Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives

415 Broadway, Floor 1, 8406

Redwood City, CA 94063

650-723-0123

akdmyers at stanford.edu