[DCRM-L] Catalogs with annotations

Bob Kosovsky bobkosovsky at nypl.org
Fri Jul 17 08:59:44 MDT 2020

We have a number of auction catalogs in which the former owner has written
in buyers' names along with the prices at which the items were sold.  We
have some that have some of these annotations, and we have some where every
lot is annotated.

Is there a subject term (or terms) that covers this?  And - for those
catalogs that are consistently annotated throughout - do you think these
cases merit a new record in OCLC?

Thanks in advance!

Bob Kosovsky, Ph.D. -- Librarian, Rare Books and Manuscripts,
Music & Recorded Sound Division
The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts - Dorothy and Lewis B.
Cullman Center

40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023

www.nypl.org