[DCRM-L] Catalogs with annotations

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:59:13 MDT 2020

There's an RBMS Genre term for this: 655 _7 ǂa Prices (Provenance) ǂ2
rbprov ǂ5 Your_MARC_code_here

See  https://rbms.info/vocabularies/provenance/tr11.htm  --
Prices
Scope NoteUse for prices in materials indicating purchase cost information
by a previous owner or relating to secondary selling, e.g., second-hand
dealer prices, auction prices.Broader TermAnnotations
<https://rbms.info/vocabularies/provenance/tr4.htm> If you do want to give
it it's own OCLC record, you'd have to catalog it as a unique manuscript,
with a devised title along the lines of "Copy of [Title] annotated with
prices realized" in order keep the OCLC Gods happy. As a researcher and
special collections librarian, this would be my preferred solution. As a
cataloger, I wouldn't do it unless there was something really really really
special about that particular auction. At least, I wouldn't do it now. Once
we have the WEMI Catalog of My Dreams, I'd give access to that specific
copy.EB.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |
201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>